Saturday, October 4, 2008

Online SCAM artist: Collinsroy Skada

I finally broke down and took some pictures of our extra furniture to sell on ksl.com in hopes to make a few bucks and clear some space in the back garage.  I'm really good at procrastinating, so this has been a thought lingering in my mind for a couple months now.  So I did it.  In the middle of the night, only a couple hours after I had listed a few things, I get an email from somebody wanting to buy one of my bean bags.  But the email was weird.  This person asked questions about every detail I answered in the ad, AND didn't speak (type) English well.  So I was suspicious from the get go.  I found the ad first thing this morning but hesitated to respond.  Many hours later I decided to respond just in case it was for real.

In my email back to the scammer, I was brief and to the point, restating the details from the ad.  Of course soon thereafter, I get an email back from the scammer:

"I understand your message.  The total amount for your item, is $225 + $25 for removing the advert from Craigslist, And my client is respossible for the payment that is why I ask for your information.  A check of $2800. will be issued out to you.
"Please as soon as you got the check and get it cashed, You were to deduct the whole amount of this transaction and send me the rest balance to my shipper company.

Following this were details of where I could send the check.  Ontario Canada?  Not Nigeria?  Okay, that's a surprise, but most definitely a scam.  So... to anyone out there getting emails from this jerk.  Beware and don't send any money!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a bummer! DH had someone try that when he was selling an item on e-bay. Thanks for the warning. Better luck next time....:)