Wednesday, October 1, 2008

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

It has been so nice having the older two boys back in school.  This means that CoolJ and I have a lot of time together.  He'll be back in preschool next week, which will be great fun for him, and will give me time for myself!  

Yesterday Church_Mouse was working from home and I was doing kitchen chores and decided to have CoolJ help me unload the dishwasher.  Since he's only four, I try to keep it simple.  The easiest part for him to do is put away the silverware.  He was watching TV and I asked him to come be my helper and unload the silverware for me.  I was shocked at his response.  On his way to the kitchen he said, "Come be my helper, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH." I couldn't believe I was hearing this from my four year old.  I charged him slowly, tackled him, tickled him while saying, "blah, blah, blah" over and over again.  He thought that was pretty funny.  I don't know where he initially heard this lovely phrase, but he sure is good at properly using whatever he learns.  

Since CoolJ is my "baby" I am trying hard to enjoy him all I can.  I am with the other kids as well, but once he's a full time student, my years of being a mother of young children will be over.  While I'm glad to be done with diapers and toddlers, this precious age of four into five is my very favorite.  They say the funniest things and they're so much smarter than we give them credit for.  

3 comments:

Ginny Teague said...

Hey there, Blue Daisy! Love the names. I think you're all secretly rap artists. :P Cute blog, keep it up and you can make a book out of it!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I could so see him saying that! I can't believe he is getting so grown up.

Timani said...

What a little stinker! The things they pick up from older siblings.

You handled it well.