Saturday, November 12, 2011

Childhood Memories

In two weeks my baby girl turns 16. I'm not sure when she grew up, but suddenly she's a young woman ready to date and drive. YIKES! So far having teenagers has been a lot of fun, hopefully that will continue.

Occasionally memories come to mind of when she was a little girl. When Sara was a toddler, we drove up to Idaho in January to celebrate my father's birthday. In the kitchen we sang "Happy Birthday" to my dad and decided to go upstairs to have dad open presents. We all went upstairs and had a good time while surprises were given. Then we looked around to discover that Sara was not with us. We realized, in fact, that she hadn't come upstairs at all.

So where could she be? Oh no. Ummm, yes. Mom and I took off running down the stairs with everyone else right behind us. We arrived in the kitchen to discover that Sara had been eating the cake...with her hands. We laughed, and took a couple pictures.

No comments: