Monday, October 20, 2008

Weight Loss Support Group

Leave it to my best friends to kick me in the butt and get me back in shape. I'd been at the point of not caring about my weight for quite some time as it continued to creep up. Anyway, Emily asked me if I wanted to help her do WW without actually going to meetings. Her idea was to create an online support group. After a few days I decided to commit. It's so much easier to not "diet" alone; however, WW is much more of a lifestyle than a diet.

What we do is email each other our food journal at the end of each day. Not everyone in the group is following the WW plan, but the point is to be supportive of the others. The fun part is seeing what other people are eating that is low calorie and healthy. We even share recipes for yummy foods and meals. I've been back on WW for 3 weeks and I've lost 4 lbs. That's pretty good considering I've been sick for half of that time and haven't felt good enough to exercise. I found a Wii Fit at Target this week and it tracks everything for you: weight, BMI, etc. so now the kids are being very supportive as well.

Why am I telling you this? Because if you'd like to join our weight loss support group, that's what we're here for. I believe within a few months, our group will have lost the equivalent of a person, figuratively speaking!

No comments: